- 1 What presidents have been on the fifty-cent piece?
- 2 Who was on the 50 cent piece before Kennedy?
- 3 Why is John F Kennedy on the half dollar?
- 4 Does the US still make 50 cent pieces?
- 5 What president is on a silver dollar?
- 6 What president is in the quarter?
- 7 What president is on a half dollar?
- 8 Why is it illegal to own a 1964 Peace Dollar?
- 9 What is a 1776 to 1976 half dollar worth?
- 10 Why is it illegal to own a 1964 Peace dollar?
- 11 Which presidential dollar coins are rare?
- 12 Who is on the 1 2 dollar coin?
What presidents have been on the fifty-cent piece?
Half dollar (United States coin)
|Design||John F. Kennedy|
Who was on the 50 cent piece before Kennedy?
The Franklin half dollar is a coin that was struck by the United States Mint from 1948 to 1963. The fifty-cent piece pictures Founding Father Benjamin Franklin on the obverse and the Liberty Bell on the reverse.
Why is John F Kennedy on the half dollar?
The Kennedy half dollar, first minted in 1964, is a fifty-cent coin currently issued by the United States Mint. Intended as a memorial to the assassinated 35th president of the United States John F. Kennedy, it was authorized by Congress just over a month after his death.
Does the US still make 50 cent pieces?
Yes, half dollars still are minted, but there are a couple of reasons why they are scarce. … Later, Congress authorized reducing the silver content of the JFK 50 cent piece to 40 percent. And since 1970, the coins are a mix of copper and nickel.