- 1 What is the difference between pig and SQL?
- 2 What is difference between Pig and Hadoop?
- 3 What is Hadoop architecture?
- 4 What is the use of Pig in Hadoop?
- 5 What are the main features of Pig?
- 6 What is Pig used for?
- 7 What is the primary purpose of pig in the Hadoop architecture?
- 8 What is Hadoop explain its need and discuss its architecture?
What is the difference between pig and SQL?
Apache Pig Vs SQL Pig Latin is a procedural language. SQL is a declarative language. In Apache Pig, schema is optional. We can store data without designing a schema (values are stored as $01, $02 etc.)
What is difference between Pig and Hadoop?
Pig is an open-source tool that is built on the Hadoop ecosystem for providing better processing of Big data. It is a high-level scripting language that is commonly known as Pig Latin scripts….Difference between MapReduce and Pig:
|7.||It is supported by recent versions of the Hadoop.||It is supported with all versions of Hadoop.|
•Jan 3, 2021
What is Hadoop architecture?
The Hadoop architecture is a package of the file system, MapReduce engine and the HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System). The MapReduce engine can be MapReduce/MR1 or YARN/MR2. A Hadoop cluster consists of a single master and multiple slave nodes.
What is the use of Pig in Hadoop?
Pig is a high level scripting language that is used with Apache Hadoop. Pig enables data workers to write complex data transformations without knowing Java. Pig's simple SQL-like scripting language is called Pig Latin, and appeals to developers already familiar with scripting languages and SQL.
What are the main features of Pig?
The Features of Apache Pig are as follows,
- Rich set of operators. Apache pig has a rich collection set of operators in order to perform operations like join, filer, and sort.
- Ease of Programming.
- Optimization opportunities.
- User Define Functions (UDF's)
- Handles all types of data.
- ETL (Extract Transform Load)
What is Pig used for?
Pigs are found and raised all over the world, and provide valuable products to humans, including pork, lard, leather, glue, fertilizer, and a variety of medicines. Most pigs raised in the United States are classified as meat-type pigs, as they produce more lean meat than lard, a fat used in cooking.
What is the primary purpose of pig in the Hadoop architecture?
A) Pig is a high-level scripting language that is used with Apache Hadoop. Pig enables data workers to write complex data transformations without knowing Java.
What is Hadoop explain its need and discuss its architecture?
Hadoop is a framework permitting the storage of large volumes of data on node systems. The Hadoop architecture allows parallel processing of data using several components: Hadoop HDFS to store data across slave machines. Hadoop YARN for resource management in the Hadoop cluster.