- 1 What are some Australian slang words?
- 2 What is the nickname for an Australian $20 note?
- 3 What Australian note is called a pineapple?
- 4 What is the C word in Australia?
- 5 What do Aussies call their girlfriends?
- 6 What do they call a dollar in Australia?
- 7 What do Australians call their dollar?
- 8 What is a Benjamin?
- 9 What is $500 slang?
- 10 What do you call a $100 note in Australia?
- 11 What is a fair dinkum in Australia?
- 12 What does Ripper mean in Australian?
- 13 What can you not say to Australians?
- 14 What is a mozzie in Australia?
What are some Australian slang words?
100 Australian Slang Words & Phrases
|Aussie slang word/phrase||Meaning|
|Billy||Teapot (in the outback on the fire)|
|Bloody oath||Yes! Or “That's very true”|
|Bludger||Someone who's lazy|
•Jan 5, 2021
What is the nickname for an Australian $20 note?
Twenty Dollars – $20 – Red Lobster or just Lobster, Redback & Rusky (all terms pertaining to the red colouration of the note and that of the Soviet flag).
What Australian note is called a pineapple?
The fifty dollar note is called a Pineapple, and a hundred dollar note a 'jolly green giant” or a lime or even a 'green tree frog'.
What is the C word in Australia?
'C*nt, the “C” word' meaning Used when exchanging pleasantries between close friends or family member. If someone calls you the “C” word in Australia (and you haven't done anything to make them angry), then breathe a sigh of relief… it means you have entered the mate zone.
What do Aussies call their girlfriends?
Missus. A person's wife or girlfriend.
What do they call a dollar in Australia?
The AUD, or Australian Dollar, is the official currency of Australia and is also used by several Pacific island nations.
What do Australians call their dollar?
Australia's national currency is Australian dollars (AUD), which comes in denominations of $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 notes.
What is a Benjamin?
It is a noun meaning hundred dollar bill. The word comes from the name of a famous American whose face is showing on the hundred dollar bill. His name is Benjamin Franklin. Therefore, a Benjamin means a hundred dollars.
What is $500 slang?
500 is referred as röding ("salvelinus"), "röd" meaning red refers to the color of the banknote.
What do you call a $100 note in Australia?
The $100 note is currently green and is known colloquially as an "avocado" or "green tree frog", but between 1984 and 1996 it was grey, and was called a grey nurse (a type of shark).
What is a fair dinkum in Australia?
Definition of fair dinkum slang, Australia. : unquestionably good or genuine : excellent —often used as a general expression of approval these cigars are fair dinkum.
What does Ripper mean in Australian?
Adjective. ripper (not comparable) (Britain, Australia, slang) Very good; excellent; fantastic.
What can you not say to Australians?
10 Things You Should Never Say to an Australian
- Put another shrimp on the barbie.
- Dingo ate my baby.
- Vegemite is disgusting.
- What's the difference between Australian and New Zealand?
- Fosters is hands down the best beer in the world.
- I hate AFL.
- When you say Kylie you mean Jenner, right?
- American coffee is better.
What is a mozzie in Australia?
or mozzie (ˈmɒzɪ ) noun. Australian and New Zealand an informal name for mosquito.