- 1 What applications are supported by hive?
- 2 What are the benefits of using Hive?
- 3 What are the applications of Hadoop?
- 4 What are the functions in hive?
- 5 Which of the following hive uses for logging?
- 6 What is hive used for big data?
- 7 When Hadoop is useful for an application?
- 8 What are aggregate functions in hive?
- 9 What are the main components of hive?
- 10 Where is data stored in hive?
- 11 How Hive is used in projects?
What applications are supported by hive?
Hive supports all those client applications that are written in:
What are the benefits of using Hive?
Advantages of Hive
- Keeps queries running fast.
- Takes very little time to write Hive query in comparison to MapReduce code.
- HiveQL is a declarative language like SQL.
- Provides the structure on an array of data formats.
- Multiple users can query the data with the help of HiveQL.
- Very easy to write query including joins in Hive.
What are the applications of Hadoop?
Various Hadoop applications include stream processing, fraud detection, and prevention, content management, risk management. Financial sectors, healthcare sector, Government agencies, Retailers, Financial trading and Forecasting, etc. all are using Hadoop.
What are the functions in hive?
Mathematical Functions in Hive
|DOUBLE||exp(num)||It returns exponential of num.|
|DOUBLE||ln(num)||It returns the natural logarithm of num.|
|DOUBLE||log10(num)||It returns the base-10 logarithm of num.|
|DOUBLE||sqrt(num)||It returns the square root of num.|
Which of the following hive uses for logging?
Hive uses log4j for logging.
What is hive used for big data?
Hive in Big Data is an easy-to-use software application that lets one analyze large-scale data through the batch processing technique. An efficient program, it uses a familiar software that uses HiveQL, a language that is very similar to SQL- structured query language used for interaction with databases.
When Hadoop is useful for an application?
hadoop is useful for applications when it is used for big data. Explanation: The major use of Hadoop is to handle big data. It provides massive storage for any kind of data, enormous processing power and the ability to handle virtually limitless concurrent task or jobs.
What are aggregate functions in hive?
Hive Aggregate Functions are the most used built-in functions that take a set of values and return a single value, when used with a group, it aggregates all values in each group and returns one value for each group.
What are the main components of hive?
The major components of Hive and its interaction with the Hadoop is demonstrated in the figure below and all the components are described further:
- User Interface (UI) – As the name describes User interface provide an interface between user and hive.
- Driver –
- Compiler –
- Metastore –
- Execution Engine –
Where is data stored in hive?
The data loaded in the hive database is stored at the HDFS path – /user/hive/warehouse. If the location is not specified, by default all metadata gets stored in this path.
How Hive is used in projects?
1 Answer. The Apache Hive ™ data warehouse software facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Hive provides a mechanism to project structure onto this data and query the data using a SQL-like language called HiveQL.