- 1 What are the most valuable Mercury dimes?
- 2 What old dimes are worth a lot of money?
- 3 What dimes should I look for?
- 4 What to look for in valuable dimes?
- 5 What are the key dates for Mercury dimes?
- 6 How do I sell my Mercury dimes?
- 7 How much are dimes worth 2020?
- 8 What is the value of Barber dimes?
- 9 What coin errors are worth the most?
- 10 What dimes are pure silver?
- 11 Are there any rare Mercury dimes?
What are the most valuable Mercury dimes?
One of the most valuable Mercury dimes ever sold at public auction commanded its price in large part due to the presence of FB details. This specimen, a 1938-S Mercury dime graded Mint State-68 FB by Professional Coin Grading Service, took an astounding $364,250.
What old dimes are worth a lot of money?
These are the 20 most valuable dimes, and they are worth a combined $6.1 million.
- 1945 S Micro S Full Band Mercury Dime.
- 1860 Liberty Seated Dime.
- 1968 No S Roosevelt Dime Proof.
- 1856 S Seated Liberty Dime.
- 1844 Seated Liberty Dime.
- 1860 O Seated Liberty Dime.
- 1874 Seated Liberty Dime With Arrows Proof.
What dimes should I look for?
How to Know Which Dimes Are Valuable
- Pre-1917 Dimes. If you come across any dimes minted before 1917, consider yourself lucky.
- Mercury Dimes.
- 1946–1964 Roosevelt Dimes.
- No-S Roosevelt Dimes.
- 1982 No-P Roosevelt Dimes.
- 1996-W Roosevelt Dimes.
- Dimes With Doubled Dies.
- Dimes With Off-Center Strikes.
What to look for in valuable dimes?
Most Valuable Dimes: Comprehensive List for Collectors
- 1796 and 1797 Draped Bust Dimes. 1796 Draped Bust dime.
- Carson City Liberty Seated Dimes from the 1870s. 1872-CC Liberty Seated dime.
- 1894-S Barber Dime.
- 1916-D Mercury Dime.
- 1942/1 and 1942/1-D Overdate Mercury Dimes.
- 1982 No-Mintmark Roosevelt Dime.
What are the key dates for Mercury dimes?
Key Date Mercury Dimes
- 1916-D. The 1916-D is considered to be the key-date of the Mercury Dime series.
- Other Scarce Dates.
How do I sell my Mercury dimes?
reDollar.com is a great place to sell Mercury dimes for a really high price. Although the coin weighs only 2.5 grams, you can sell it for $1.64, which is much more than its face value of 10 cents.
How much are dimes worth 2020?
Both the 2020 P dime and 2020 D dime are each worth around $2 in uncirculated condition with an MS 65 grade.
What is the value of Barber dimes?
Your Barber dime value is $3.07 to $3.58 for a common date coin in heavily worn "Good" condition. If your coin is better preserved the value increases sharply in "Extremely Fine" condition. A step by step method is used to determine how much your coin is worth.
What coin errors are worth the most?
There are many valuable U.S. error coins and die varieties in circulation today….
- 1972 Lincoln Cent With a Doubled Die Obverse.
- 1999 Wide "AM" Reverse Lincoln Cent.
- 1982 No Mint Mark Roosevelt Dime.
- 1995 Doubled Die Obverse Lincoln Cent.
What dimes are pure silver?
All dimes produced in the United States prior to 1965 are made of 90% silver. Sometimes these coins are referred to as "junk silver" in the industry. Additionally, every year since 1992, proof Roosevelt dimes issued by the U.S.
Are there any rare Mercury dimes?
The rarest full band Mercury Dimes are the 1918-D, 1919-D, 1919-S, 1942/41, 1942/41-D and 1945 is- sues. The 1918-S, 1920-D, 1926-S, and 1927-D are also quite scarce. proof Mercury Dimes can be acquired in choice to gem condition for surprising- ly inexpensive prices.