How do I find the table name in hive?
When programming on Hive by Spark SQL, you can use following method to check whether Hive table exists….7 Answers
- USE <database_name> 1.2.
- SHOW TABLES LIKE 'table_name' 1.2.
- Then you check your result using Result set.
Jan 19, 2014
How do I load data into hive?
Loading data from flat files into Hive: hive> LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH './examples/files/kv1. txt' OVERWRITE INTO TABLE pokes; Loads a file that contains two columns separated by ctrl-a into pokes table.
How do I name my database server?
Database server names must be valid identifiers….Naming the database server
- begin with white space, single quotes, or double quotes.
- end with white space.
- contain semicolons, forward slashes (/), or backslashes (\)
- be longer than 250 bytes.
- contain spaces when they are running on Unix.
How do I find the table database in Hive?
Switch to the Hive schema and issue the SHOW TABLES command to see the Hive tables that exist. Switch to the HBase schema and issue the SHOW TABLES command to see the HBase tables that exist within the schema.
How do I see table statements in Hive?
Use the following commands to show CREATE TABLE in Hive:
- This command will show the CREATE TABLE statement for the Sales table: Show create table Sales;
- This command will show the CREATE TABLE statement for the Sales table under the Hive_learning database: Show create table Hive_learning.Sales;
How do I view files in hive?
If you go to http://NAMENODE_MACHINE_NAME:50070/ in your browser it should take you to a page with a Browse the filesystem link. In the $HIVE_HOME/conf directory there is the hive-default. xml and/or hive-site. xml which has the hive.