- 1 How do I check if my ID is ready for collection South Africa?
- 2 How long do you wait for your ID in South Africa?
- 3 How do I check my status at home affairs?
- 4 What do I need to collect my ID from home affairs?
- 5 How can I track my ID application?
- 6 Is Home Affairs open for ID application?
- 7 Is Home Affairs in South Africa open?
- 8 How long does home affairs Keep your ID for collections?
- 9 Can I get my smart ID at capitec bank?
How do I check if my ID is ready for collection South Africa?
To confirm if their documents have indeed arrived at their nearest Home Affairs office members of the public can 'track' the application progress, by texting the word 'ID', a space and their 13-digit ID number to 32551. Alternatively they can call the Contact Centre on 0800 60 11 90.
How long do you wait for your ID in South Africa?
How long does it take for an applicant to receive a Smart ID Card? 14 working days from date of application provided it is a straight forward application meeting all the requirements. 3.
How do I check my status at home affairs?
You can also sms the letter M followed by your ID number (example: M 5001010050080) to 32551 A reply sms will be sent back to your cellphone to confirm your marital status and the date of your marriage. (R1 per sms and will be charged by your network service provider).
What do I need to collect my ID from home affairs?
Applying for an Identity book / Identity document for the first time
- Form BI-9, completed in black ink.
- A certified copy of your Birth certificate or reference book or a copy of the old Transkei, Bophutatswana, Venda or Ciskei homelands identity or travel documents.